Colleen and I make this S’Mores Pizza every now and then, and I believe it is one of the best dessert pizzas in America.
If you like S’Mores, this pizza is perfection.
The crust is light and almost sweet, and compliments the rich toppings extremely well. The toasted marshmallows, melted dark chocolate and sautéed graham crackers create a S’Mores lovers paradise.
Here’s how we make it:
1. Conventional Oven
2. Pizza Stone
3. Pizza Peel or Cookie Sheet
1. Freshly made pizza dough (Click here to see where you can learn how to make this same dough)
2. Large marshmallows
3. Large Hershey dark chocolate bar
5. Graham crackers
1. Put pizza stone in oven.
2. Set oven to 500 degrees. (We try to let the pizza stone heat at 500 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes before baking a pizza)
3. Make dough and let rise for 45 minutes. Click here to see where you can learn how to make this same dough)
4. Melt butter in a pan and sauté small pieces of crumbled graham crackers in the melted butter. Set aside.
5. Spread pizza dough into circle by hand and place it on your pizza peel or cookie sheet (with semolina flour underneath).
6. Put naked pizza dough onto your pizza stone and partially cook (60 seconds). WARNING: Dough bubbles may arise as your dough bakes, so be sure to poke holes in them before they get too big.
7. Pull partially cooked pizza back out and quickly add sliced marshmallows to cover the pizza, then add broken up Hershey dark chocolate squares, and place back in oven until marshmallows toast to a golden brown (120 to 180 seconds).
8. Pull pizza out of oven and sprinkle sautéed graham cracker crumbles on top.
9. Let cool for a few minutes before eating.